Monday, June 14, 2010

Creative or Criminal?


I have to ask - is this creative or criminal?

Now that Hayden's starting to master the "potty", I graduated him to his first pair of Thomas the Train underwear.

To encourage him, I told him to be sure to use the potty and that Thomas doesn't like to be peed on so he needs to keep dry!

Apparently, Hayden really took this to heart, because during nap time when he couldn't get my attention (I swear he never asked to go potty, although he claims he did), he decided that instead of peeing in his underwear (can't go pee-pee on Thomas!) he would whip it out and pee in his bucket of books...

Uh...okay that's not what I had in mind when I said not to pee in your underwear kid!!

So now I have put a potty chair in his room for these types of, uh, emergencies.

**This post is part of the Moms' 30-Minute Blog Challenge

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Isn't it amazing how kids can take us so literally some times!? When my daughter was younger she would always "jump" when we told her to jump in the bath or jump into bed. Of course we didn't actually mean JUMP. And it was a little scary some times!
Well, at least he didn't pee on Thomas :)

Lori Yoder said...

Oh no!!! Kids can be so crazy at times! Well, I hope they weren't library books, those are EXPENSIVE to replace. (Ask me how I know, as I'm furiously searching for yet ANOTHER lost book >:[)

Kim & Dave said...

That is a riot!!! Thanks for the warning, too, as that is JUST what I was going to tell my little guy when we get to buy his Thomas underwear!!

Just Me said...

Luckily they were NOT library books - that would have been bad!

I had gotten this advice from a friend who had used it with her daughter (no peeing on the princess), but maybe it gets lost in translation with boys, haha.