Sunday, August 28, 2011

Walking the Line

Shine Your light so I can see You
Pull me up, I need to be near You
Hold me, I need to feel love
Can You overcome this heart that's overcome?


I hate walking that line between faith and desperation. When the world doesn't line up the way I want, when people disappoint me, when I'm dealt a hand that's difficult to bear.  To find meaning and purpose in it all.  It's easy to find faith in perfection, but it's a shallow and hollow faith.  Real faith is found in desperation.  In the dirty details, in the last straw.  It's found in the tears, it's found in the begging for miracles and the silence of waiting.  It's the last breath and the dull ache.  It's in the slow release of the grasped hands.  It's in the death of dreams and the surrender of life.  It's the laying down of pride and pretenses, and coming to Him empty handed and humbled.  When the world has stopped offering up it's rusted and moth-eaten treasures and discovering that the true desires of your heart can't be bought or won.

It's then you find that fleeting moment of clarity and peace, knowing that this world is not what it was meant to be, but there is Hope.  There is beauty in the brokenness, peace in the chaos, and love in this world of hate.  And to live with Hope is the only way to live for all else under the sun is vanity.
 
Shine Your light so all can see it
Lift it up, 'cause the whole world needs it
Love has come, what joy to hear it
He has overcome
He has overcome

No comments: