Thursday, July 9, 2009

Beating the Heat

How are the Zavalas beating the heat?

We're...

  • Not leaving the house.
  • Having "raw" foods for dinner like summer salads which require no cooking
  • Closing the curtains and blinds
  • Only turning on lights that have "energy-saver" bulbs
  • Drinking plenty of water
  • Turning the fans on high
  • Not running the dryer, stove, or dishwasher during the day.
  • Going pantless - and in case of the baby, shirtless too!
  • Wearing skirts and tank tops!!
  • Eating cold fruits
  • Taking cool showers and baths
  • Drinking a glass of ice cold milk - yum!
What are you doing?

2 comments:

Shelley said...

All that sounds really good. Great job! Yes, cool showers, natural light, fans...I did make soup last night, but that's because I wouldn't drive to the store in the heat to get cold foods I was out of. Hmmm....

Gail said...

I am buying entirely too much iced coffee. I really think an intervention might need to be staged.