Friday, April 16, 2010

Potty Training...It's for the birds.

Seriously...it is for the birds. If you look up that saying, it explains:
Meaning that a situation, or event or something went horribly wrong and they didn't like the outcome much. Something could have been better.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up...

Today I cleaned up my one millionth pee puddle.

Yeah. And I'm not looking for advice. I've read the books, tried the strategies, and so on and so forth. So I don't really need another recitation. Honestly, you think whatever it is I haven't tried it? Believe me...I've tried it.

This is just one of those parenting moments where you get to develop that elusive trait called...patience. Knowing what I know about the personality of these boys, I have a feeling I'm going to get to learn all about patience.

And I'm OK with that. I need more patience. I'm the person who would never plant a tree because I'm to impatient to wait for the results. Waiting years?! ACK! I'm "instant gratification" girl. I want it all right now.

I'm finding that this lesson is being repeated over and over in my life - which means I must really need it.

So I'll wait patiently, cleaning their pee puddles and wiping their booty. And one day, it will happen.


Yes, that's Corbin bashing Hayden over the head with a pinwheel.

2 comments:

Ebit said...

Right there with you...

Lissa said...

I have decided that I'm the worst-ever potty-trainer. I mean, sure, Gabi is potty-trained, but I have no idea how I did it, and so far I've been unable to repeat it with Bella. Someone told me that if I let her run around with a naked bum then she'd be distressed enough not to make a mess, so I tried it... and then yesterday she was standing and talking to me and just pooped right there on the floor! At any rate, just wanted to share in your frustration. And thanks for the post (albeit old).