Monday, March 9, 2009

Peace

I woke up to overcast weather this morning - one of my favorite types of weather. Especially, if the clouds give off that ominous storm look. It really did seem like it could pour at any minute. But the weather.com just said cloudy. So I took that as a Yes! on my morning jog. (I took our umbrella just in case).

The morning jog has been a pleasant addition to our lives. It doesn't feel like a burden or "have-to", but most days I look forward to getting out there!

The 60 days without sugar has not been so pleasant, HA! This weekend my period came and my willpower took a vacation. GASP! You didn't know I was a weak woman during this time? Well I AM! Okay, weak on somethings, ferocious on others. Those hormones!!! So now what? I messed up my 60 days?! Guess I'll just brush myself off and keep going. Perfection is not the goal here, but perseverance and determination are well rewarded!

All that to say, if you've failed yet again (like me), just get back up and keep going. No one is keeping score. This is my own personal goal and I can fail a million times as long as I keep going. And I'm not too proud to admit failure! We all fail (well most of us, there are a few Supers out there). But I don't give up that easily. So begone you sweet delicious chocolate!

HA!

Oh and our contractor didn't come on Sunday (what a surprise). Sigh. But that's not going to get me down. Counter top or NO counter top, I'm determined...



I WILL have a pretty kitchen, even if I have to hide the actual kitchen underneath stuff.

Oooh, I was just chatting it up with the hubby and he said the guy should come this weekend (yes, this weekend) to do the counter tops and sink.

A sink!!!! I might have a sink again??? Where I could wash dishes? Or my hands? Or use a garbage disposal? Or drain macaroni? NO WAY!!! Sinks are the BESTEST invention in the world.

Okay, I'm not going to get my hopes up. But, I CAN'T WAIT.

Wow, nothing like a kitchen remodel nightmare to make you really appreciate all the luxuries we take for granted! For instance, do you know how much longer it takes for me to get hot water in my bathroom sink vs. my kitchen sink?? Seriously. I start running the water on low 2 minutes before I need to wash a dish.

In other news, I think Corbin might be on his way to getting his first tooth. My toothless 8 month old has been constantly rubbing his tongue on his lower gums for the last week. I keep looking for a tooth, but nothing yet. He's also sitting for longer periods of time! Yay Corbin! Soon he won't be a baby anymore, sniff sniff. I don't want him to grow up too fast, but I do look forward to the days he can play and interact with Hayden more. He LOVES his big brother and just wants to play with him. Hayden, on the other hand, sees no usefulness in his brother as a playmate, so he mostly ignores him. Once in a while, they might get into a funny faces match as both go back and forth sticking their tongues out at each other. They both think this is hilarious!

Maybe it will rain!! I read this book on contentment, one of it's points being not to complain about anything (even the weather). Is wishing it would rain complaining? Not that I don't like the overcast skies, but I LOVE the rain - and our parched Texas landscape desperately needs it. All I need are a few cacti in our backyard and we'd have the makings of a desert.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I always enjoy reading yours. My baby turned 1 in Feb. So I totally get the sigh of sadness thinking about how fast she is growing. I hope your kitchen gets finished quickly!