Friday, February 1, 2008

It's A Boy!!!

Okay, so for all those who've been waiting patiently, the Zavala's are having a baby boy! The appointment went pretty well. They found the cause of the bleeding.: Basically, I had subchorionic bleeding. A blood vessel burst and blood was trapped in the layers of the sac. It should get reabsorbed or slowly leak out through spotting over the next few weeks. I guess I was lucky, because sometimes this kind of bleed can be in a bad place and force the placenta to tear away from the wall from the pressure. Eek. But the Dr. didn't seemed concerned that anything like that would happen. He said it should resolve itself over time. Yay! And I can lift things like Hayden again!! Wooohoo. That makes me very happy.

The only dark side to this appointment was a cyst they found on the baby's left kidney. So they will be keeping an eye on that. I have another ultrasound in 4 weeks. Luckily for little baby boy Zavala, we only need 1 working kidney (thanks for the spare God), and even in the worst case, he should still be okay.

I have to say that our family has been blessed and owe much praise to God for all the support and comfort we've had over the last month or so.

I was so happy that everything else was healthy with our baby that the news of the cyst was taken pretty well I think!

So I'm in a much better mood today. Sorry for my complete meltdown post. Eh, it happens. I hope to have many more happy posts in the future.

Enjoy your glorious and wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad everything is ok again! You are always in my thoughts lady!