Monday, August 10, 2009

Activity Pouches

Activity Pouches have been something I've wanted to try for awhile. I'd seen them over and over on preschool sites or blogs and they sounded great. But my first few tries at even finding the pouches flunked! They had pencil boxes but not the soft pouches!! Now that it's back to school time, I've been able to finally find them - and on sale.

Our first activity pouch - Cutting!! I put to use some of our old paper and cut it into four squares. Then I bought a pair of safety scissors and voila!
It's an easy and cheap activity that he's been doing now for 30 minutes. At the end I grab a plastic bag and we "clean up" all the paper. Today's transition wasn't without a tantrum, but the tantrum ended quickly when I pulled out the Buddha Board.

I'm hoping to make several of of these activity pouches, including some that work well in the car.

Anyone else done this? I'd love suggestions for what to put in them!!

No comments: