Monday, April 11, 2011

Boys

Occasionally, I wish that we had a girl.  
You know, someone to share all the little girl things of my childhood with - that box that sits out in our garage just waiting.  
And, of course, the clothes - the cute, precious clothes!  Bows and ribbons, and frilly lace, all of that.  
The dolls, tea parties, and dress up.

Warrior

And then...there are days like Saturday, when I am beyond thrilled and excited that we have BOYS and I look forward to all the adventures ahead.  
You see, this weekend I taught the boys the fine art of water gun and water balloon fighting.  
And one day, I predict we will have all out WAR!  
With strategies and alliances - and yes, I will no longer win - but that's ok.

Cars

One day there will be camping, and fishing trips for "just boys", and boy scouts.  
There will be tree forts, mud pies, and adventures.  
Hiking, knot tying, and swiss army knives.

Nature

One day my boys will be men.  
And then the adventures really will begin.

Battle

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Yep, there are things I miss about having a little girl... but I dearly love having boys! And two of them is twice the fun (and mess, and trouble, and insanity -- but hey, it's all worth it). I love seeing the "boy" in them come out more and more as they get older, and I look forward to seeing them grow into men.

And Aaron is such an awesome man that it would be a shame for him not to have boys to raise. If they grow into men like him, I'll be more than proud.