Thursday, July 19, 2007

To the Sea


I turned around
And the water was closing all around
Like a glove
Like the love that had finally, finally found me
Then I knew
In the crystalline knowledge of you
Drove me through the mountains
Through the crystal-like clear water fountain
Drove me like a magnet
To the sea

Lyrics from Crystal

One of my favorite songs, highly recommend Stevie Nicks Crystal - good stuff. Drowns out the whimpers of my munchkin who is fighting sleep in his swing next to me.

Sometimes I wish the outer me, matched the inner me. The inner me who is on fire, burning deeply, passionate. It's unfortunate that the word passionate has been so misused as of late. It's become cliché. Passion should be a deep burning desire that's screaming to get out. An ache at the core of who you are. Instead it's become a soap opera. Ugh.


Passion
NOUN:1. Sexual hunger: amativeness, concupiscence, desire, eroticism, erotism, itch, libidinousness, lust, lustfulness, prurience, pruriency. See DESIRE, SEX. 2. A subject or activity that inspires lively interest: craze, enthusiasm, mania, rage. See CONCERN. 3. Passionate devotion to or interest in a cause or subject, for example: ardor, enthusiasm, fervor, fire, zeal, zealousness. See CONCERN, FEELINGS. 4. A strong, enthusiastic liking for something: love, love affair, romance. See LOVE. 5. The passionate affection and desire felt by lovers for each other: amorousness, fancy, love, romance. See LOVE, SEX. 6. Powerful, intense emotion: ardor, fervency, fervor, fire. See FEELINGS. 7. An angry outburst: fit2, huff, tantrum, temper. Informal : conniption, conniption fit. See FEELINGS.

**from Roget

Number 6 hits it.

Whatever happened to a passion I could live for
What became of the flame that made me feel more
And when did I forget that...

Yeah, passion. We've all got it. Some of us just have it buried so deep we're dead.

No comments: