Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Joys of the Season: Day 2

This has been quite an exhausting day. Today was Hayden's surgery for tubes. It was scheduled for 6am, which meant I needed to be up by 5am. Up, haha. I didn't sleep a wink last night. I was anxious about taking him since I would be going by myself this time (Mark was staying home with Corbin). I knew the whole procedure would be rough and it was. I tossed and turned the whole night, and when I did sleep I had dreams about what would happen the next day. When my alarm finally went off I was relieved that I didn't have to "pretend" to sleep anymore.

I also started my period this morning...joy oh joy. I don't think that counts as my joy today.

Hayden didn't want ANYONE to touch him, poor baby. But they needed to get oxygen saturation levels, temperature, hospital band on, etc. It was a fight. Ugh. Then they carried him off screaming.

Luckily it's a quick surgery, it literally took 5 minutes. It takes longer for him to wake up from anesthesia than the actual procedure. Now I have the joy of figuring out how to get this kid to let me put ear drops in his ears tonight. No, that isn't my joy today either. I'm dreading tonight.

So now I've been reduced to the walking zombie mom, but can still manage a somewhat coherent post!

My joy for today:

My husband

Despite the fact that he was already incredibly late after watching Corbin during Hayden's surgery, he went and got me donuts AND Hayden's drops from the pharmacy. Yay donuts!

No comments: