Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Today, and Nothing More

First off, thanks for all the comments on the mama drama. It's good to hear many of you have healthy or healthier relationships with your Mamas. It's also good to hear I'm not the only one too. Actually, it was really good cause I was starting to think there was something wrong with me - I'm perfect right? Haha. I'm sure there's issues on both ends, but I'd like to think it wasn't just on my side.

I liked the idea of turning on the comments once in awhile to get the advice and thoughts flowing. For now, I'm going back to no comments, but I'll flip them back on for another post I'm sure. You can always email me if you really need to give me a piece of your mind - or just tell me something nice, cause I love hearing nice things!

Tonight, I got to hear about the recent mission trip to India that four of our wonderful church family members took. It really gives you something to think about and brings home the statement "It's all relative". Times may seem tough for us now, but honestly, we're in luxury compared to most of the world's standards.

And in light of that, on my drive home, I really got to thinking about my attitude during this season of our lives. Basically, that attitude has been one of pure "wanting". I "want" Mark to find a job. I "want" it to be soon. I "want" things to go back to normal. Ugh. How easy it is to forget, that each day of our life is orchestrated by God. He knew that I would be in this moment. He knows how the events of my life will unfold. Why worry a single second about what tomorrow will bring? He already knows.

As I read through the bible stories of the lives of those who came before me, it's so glaringly obvious that each season of our life serves His purpose. It may be unknown why some are in jail, why some suffer, why some have no jobs, why some have no money - but only to us - God has a plan and purpose in all of this.

So I will not walk in the attitude of "wanting" or desperation. I will walk in the attitude of anticipation - anticipation of God's glory in our lives, and thankfulness - thankfulness for all He has provided today.

No comments: