Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Investment in Hospitality?



Mark and I have been known to throw some parties in our time, pre-kid days of course. They generally have included copious amounts of both decorations and alcohol - adding up to lots of preparation and cleaning for us.

As a tip for the general public, don't serve lots of alcohol unless you are ready to also clean up that mess in all the different forms it can and will take. I'll just leave it at that.

But those days are long gone. I don't have the energy for cleaning or decorating with two little ones, so the fun is not worth the hassle.

So how do you replace that and still have a really good party where people stay until the wee hours of the morning without being passed out in your bathroom?

I give you...

the Wii.

I had no idea the power "The Wii" (I think that will be it's official name in our house) had over people! If you're looking for the perfect way to get your friends and neighbors over for some fun and games - "The Wii" is it.

Think of it as an investment in hospitality. Seriously. It's better than any food you could cook up. I could invite six people over, throw them a bag of chips, a pitcher of water, and the wii, and I would have an instant party.

Do you have a Wii at your house? What are your favorite games? Has it brought success to your gatherings?

P.S. Wii is also going to start working with Netflix - woot!

No comments: