Thursday, January 28, 2010

Netflix Watch Instantly Picks

I really love the "Watch Instantly" option of Netflix! For those that don't have Netflix, basically they have a selection of their movies that are available to watch anytime online. The downfall of this is that once you get passed all the major blockbusters of days gone by (that you've probably already seen) there are a LOT of movies on there that really stink. I mean horrible acting, never heard of this movie in my life - stink!

Part of the annoyance is trying to sift through the thousands of movies to find one that is actually good! So to help wade through the junk, here are my picks for tolerable and even enjoyable movies I found:

Penelope - Cute and quirky "fairytale" with Christina Ricci

Jericho Season 1 & 2 - Excellent series with awesome acting and storylines. I was so sad this only went 2 seasons!! I think the writer's strike killed this one prematurely. Sadly, I think they took this one off watch instantly this month...but it's so good, I'd rent it.

Confessions of a Shopaholic - It was cute and funny - Amy Adams doing what Amy Adams does. Her dancing scene is hilarious. I warn mothers the world over with weaker bladders - I almost peed myself I was laughing so hard.

America the Beautiful - Great documentary on America's obsession with beauty

Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World - Eye opening documentary on Aspartame, completely backed with scientific studies, court cases, and testimony. Very interesting.

Rachel Getting Married - Interesting film and kind of different - have a box of tissues handy.

Passengers - Diamond in the rough here - excellent suspense and unexpected ending.

How About You - Loved the focus on life and its meaning.

Okay, now it's your turn. If you have Netflix, what do you recommend? And if you don't, I'd still love to hear some of your favorite movies!

2 comments:

LeftyMama said...

We are just starting to watch all of the Battlestar Galactica episodes back-to-back (4 seasons, plus movies) and LOVING it. Somehow, we were too busy to keep up when they first aired, but now we watch one or two after Samson is in bed. It's a great series (stories, characters, themes, etc.) and so nice to watch with no commercials.

When we were up all every night during Samson's first weeks home from the NICU, we watched all of the Firefly series and the Serenity film -- also highly recommended if you're a sci-fi nut who likes a little dark humor.

Ebit said...

Thanks for the suggestions!!! We started watching Weeds and Dexter on the instant queue since we don't have Showtime or HBO. I'll add your suggestions to our queue. :)