Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Thing To Do at 3am

So let's say your up at 3am and can't get back to sleep from some killer back pain. Cause it happens. What do you do?

First you...

Stay in bed. Maybe you can sleep through it. Hmmm...no.

Take all medications available. Maybe you can wait it out. Fast acting right? Should be good in 30 minutes. Hmmmm...no.

Read the next chapter in a book. Luckily, I have the next Twilight installment (Eclipse) and set out to read another chapter. But...no, I could not focus past 3 pages. Must get up.

Mess around on Facebook. I'll whine to the world about my hard luck and late night. Crap...no one is on.

Go back to bed. Might as well hang out in my room on the off chance I fall asleep or pass out or get hit on the head with a falling light fixture - either way I'm out of my misery. Alas, no falling fixtures or sleep to be had.

Catch up on some prayers. I got lots of friends with lots of prayer requests. Shamefully, I don't get to them as much as I should. I've nothing better to do, might as well get to it.

Sometime after that my pain reliever kicked in and the pain was quiet enough to fall asleep.

I awaken multiple times to Mark's repeated snoozing of his alarm - BAH!

So, what I've learned? Long night + pain + reading + drugs + Facebook = Melissa prays more.

No comments: