- I loved this post I ran across on blog perception vs. reality. I laughed hard at several of her examples, as I find myself guilty of some of them (i.e. straightening up the background of a picture, haha). Don't take what you see as pure reality folks. Not many people are going to show you their dirty laundry piles. And when I have those great Ah-ha! moments during difficult circumstances, believe me - I was wallowing in it a bit first. I do some of my best contemplating when I'm wallowing in self-pity. ;)
- Once I get my house back in order from The Plague of 2011, I definitely want to make one of these - how adorable! My Sewcial Hour has me thinking that I can sew or something, so we'll see - I will definitely be posting pics of any completed...or not so completed...projects.
- Last week I posted my thoughts on my issues with admitting fault, and I was directed by Tamra to check out this article - almost a response of sorts to my open ended question!
- This week at AWANA, Mark and Hayden are working on his Derby Car. We had fun this weekend checking out all the cool design options like this, and this.
- Walk Slowly, Live Wildly had some great thoughts on homemaking that I can certainly relate too. She also sent her readers over here, for thoughts on finding comfort in the cyclical nature of our tasks - which I must confess there is comfort there, despite my complaining.
- I've been enjoying this cute site for finding out which foods are currently in season - which means fresher, cheaper and often more local produce for my family!
- After being quarantined in our house for over a week, I'm feeling the itch to simplify!!! This post really gave me a starting place for some of my most productive simplifications and tips for how to keep things simple after you've purged! I, myself, have implemented a give-away box (instead of a drawer) that I fill daily with "finds" from around the house. It's one of the best "tools" I've got for working on my clutter problem.
Have a great weekend!!!