Monday, February 21, 2011

Venturing Out

Last week was our first nature walk of the year.
Weather and sickness has kept us from venturing out, but finally,
 both were cooperating for a much needed outdoor break.


Walk 4-P

We collected our "treasures" - leaves, acorns, sticks, rocks, and dandelions.  

We went on a Bear Hunt:

We're going on a bear hunt.
We're going to catch a big one.
What a beautiful day!
We're not scared.


Walk 2-P

And when the clouds came out, we quoted our favorite Winnie the Pooh lines:

Tut tut! It looks like rain!

Walk 1-P


We pretended to be super heros:

Hayden: I'm a super hero!
Me: Oh yeah?  Do you have any super powers?
Hayden: Yes!
Me: What are they?
Hayden: I help people.  And I get other people in trouble.  And I get cats and dogs out of trees!
Me: That sounds like a pretty good super power to me.
Hayden: Yup, it is.




Walk 3-P

We ran like the wind! (According to Hayden)

And then we all went home for lunch and a nap (my favorite!).





2 comments:

Jenni said...

I love walks... Glad you were able to get out of the house. :)

Amanda said...

I love your pictures today...simple, but breathtaking. :)