Monday, June 18, 2007

And the number is....


So you've all been waiting patiently (or impatiently) to hear the news. So I lost....(drum roll please)...5 lbs.

Which is exactly how much I wanted to lose in two weeks. I have to say the perfectionist in me was disappointed. But the realist said, "Good enough". But, I am happy with my progress so far. I know I've lost inches and started to tone up my arms and legs. I can see that. And it has nothing to do with the scale. I can fit into things I couldn't 2 weeks ago. So there is a lot of progress, just not visible simply through weight.

So now it's time to set new goals! Wooohooo!!

Long term: 33 lbs
Intermediate: 18 lbs
Short: 8 lbs

Realistically, I could lose 8 lbs in 4 weeks. That sets the date as July 16th. Not stepping on the scale everyday was actually very motivating because I never knew if I was on track or not. So I had to eat healthy every day. So once again I'm going to stay off that scale until July 16th. Trust me, this is very, very hard for me. I've had eating "issues", well lets just go ahead and say disorder, in the past - and the scale typically rules my life, even when it's going up instead of down.

The only frustrating part right now is that my arms, chest and legs are getting smaller, but nothing else. HA! And my real issue is of course the belly after the baby. I guess it will take a little while to lose that. So all my shirts fit, but my jeans don't. Argh. My big butt and waist are my stumbling block.

Well that's enough body talk. I had fun taking pics of Hayden this morning: http://www.flickr.com/photos/missyyvonne

Now he's staring at me, smiley. Cute little man! He's almost in 12 month clothes now, so I had to go shopping yesterday. Found some great deals at Target. It's funny how you change, the first clothes I bought because they were cute. Now I buy them because they're cheap! He typically hates wearing the cute stuff anyway. Too many buttons or snaps, or too itchy. Always something. Haha.

I'm also trying to decide whether to buy an exersaucer or one of those stationary bouncers. They kind of look like the exersaucer, but they allow the baby to bounce up and down. I'll probably end up with an exersaucer, since I'm seeing that there are lots for sale on craig's list. For all those buying baby equipment in the near future, this is the place to get it! Save yourself some money.

Well, back to mommy world!!!!

No comments: