Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Sweatin to the Silence



So I admit it, today is the first day I've worked out. But hey, better late than never. As soon as Hayden was down for his morning nap, I threw on the workout clothes and headed to the garage. (All workout equipment is located in the garage). I put my headphones in and cranked up the treadmill. I put the timer on 5 minutes for a quick warm up. Then I reset to 10 minutes for running. And as I'm running there, staring at the wall, all kinds of thoughts are rushing through my head. But, the most common thought is, jeez when will this damn timer go off? So I run, and I run, and ... oh shit I never turned on my damn mp3 player. Running in silence has never worked for me, no wonder I'm draggin' ass.

So I'm running, and running, and...who am I Forest Gump? Damn when is this timer gonna go off? So I take a quick look, and damnit again! I forgot to hit start. Bah! So who knows how long I've been running at this point.

But the music did help get through the rest of the workout. I especially liked Evanescence's "Bring Me To Life" - lyrics totally hit me:

How can you see into my eyes like open doors?
Leading you down into my core, where I've become so numb.

Without a soul, my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold,
Until you find it there and lead it back home.

Wake me up. Wake me up inside. I can't wake up.
Wake me up inside. Save me
Call my name and save me from the dark.
Bid my blood to run. Before I come undone.
Save me from the nothing I've become.

Now that I know what I'm without, you can't just leave me.
Breathe into me and make me real.
Bring me to life.
I've been living a lie. There's nothing inside
Bring me to life.

Frozen inside without your touch,
Without your love, darling.
Only you are the life among the dead.

All of this sight, I can't believe I couldn't see kept in the dark but you were there in front of me
I've been sleeping a 1000 years it seems.
I've got to open my eyes to everything.
Without a thought
Without a voice
Without a soul
Don't let me die here.
There must be something more.
Bring me to life.

Wow, yes this song says something to me. And although Amy Lee wrote it about her lover (now husband), it's a perfect fit for God, the ultimate Lover. The only lover who could answer these questions and longings. Anywho, just the perfect song this morning.

And to totally relax and write this blog: Bebel Gilberto - So Nice (Summer Samba). I'd totally recommend her with a bottle of wine and bubble bath. (Sorry guys, probably not the music for you). Hmmm...that sounds good. Maybe that's what I'll do tomorrow, hah!

Must buy wine today! Hehe.

Oooh, and for some good scents try this:

Slowly simmer a pot filled with water, some cinnamon sticks, cloves, ground nutmeg, vanilla extract, and citrus peels.

No comments: