Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh my aching...everything

It's the end of the day and I feel like I've been run over by a wild pack of toddlers. I'm not sure why, maybe just because it's Wednesday?

The day started with me running late to get to Conversational English. I needed a shower and Hayden needed a breathing treatment and Corbin needed to be fed.

I get to the parking lot and discover Hayden has made me a present. I don't want to be one of those Moms that drop off their kid at the nursery dirty so I change Hayden in the back of he Explorer. Only adding to my lateness.

I drop off Corbin and as I'm passing him to the nursery worker I notice his diaper has leaked all over his outfit. Luckily, I have one more onesie left in my bag. I used the other last night when Corbin leaked all over my skirt. His diapers have been runny lately. :( I'm hoping it's just his antibiotic. It separates and you have to shake it up before you dispense it. I'm wondering if the dosing is off when you get to the end of the bottle. We got our new bottle for the month today, so I'm waiting to see what happens. Otherwise I guess it's just a virus that has to run its course through his system.

Once I get everyone dropped off I head upstairs only to find out both of my students are not coming today. Heh. Another group asks if I'd like to sit in with them, but I decline. They asked me, "You'd rather spend time with your kids than us?" And I think about and, Yeah I would rather be with my kiddos. I don't see them as a burden, I love being with them. I hate when I'm away from them. I need a break every now and then like anyone else, but I don't want to be anywhere but home these days.

I grab both the kiddos - which was nice for the nursery workers since Corbin was the only baby and they got to go home too. I get all the way to the parking lot and discover Hayden's sippy cup got left behind. I am NOT loading the kids back in the stroller, walking back to the building, up the elevator, around the halls and then back to get a sippy!! We'll get it tomorrow when we go back.

We did lunch at home with a friend and enjoyed a relaxed afternoon chatting. I threw chicken in the slow cooker to get ready for dinner.

When Hayden woke up from his nap, I set up the laptop to watch classic 1930s cartoons on YouTube. He loved them. Mark had to work late, so it was nice to have something fun for Hayden. And it wasn't Finding Nemo which we've seen a bazillion times.

Then I started dinner. Using the now tender chicken, I threw together some tortilla soup. At the last minute I thought I'd surprise Mark with that pumpkin pie I'd been promising him. The fat free version of course.

The kids are down at last. My leg has been aching all day and the tongue injury has still not healed completely. Time for tylenol and the next Star Trek movie. I believe we're on VI now.

No comments: