I have to admit, some days are EASY. Kids take a longer than usual nap or sleep in - Sah-weet! Sadly, this doesn't happen that often.
And then...there are days like this one. Days in which:
- You are awoken early to find out that you will be taking care of a sick child today - and on less sleep than usual.
- Your child scares you to death by running a 106.5 fever - no I'm not kidding...
- You freeze your buns off on a cold tile floor in the bathroom while your child takes a 2 hour sponge bath
- You cry in relief when the temp goes down to 102.
- You cry in desperation when your child is fighting you over taking his medicine
- You pray to God that he will NOT spit out the medicine, that his fever will go down, that he will be ok.
- You quietly watch your child like a "bomb" waiting for the fever to rise again.
- You let your child eat goldfish in the bathtub because ... at least he's eating.
- You've never been more happy to see your child splashing in the tub, cause that means he's feeling better.
- You watch Disney movies ALL day with no guilt
- You forgo naptime (your absolute favorite time) because your afraid his fever will rise again and he'll have a seizure and you won't know it.
- You can't wait until your hubby gets home - so you can take a hot shower and de-stress.
A healthy child.