Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hayden Update

Well we made it through the night. His temperature has been kept in check by alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen every 3 hours. We had a 105 temp early this morning, but it seems to getting better now. His last dose of Ibuprofen was at 7:30am this mroning, and at 11am I checked him again and he was only 99, so the alternating is over. I'm just going to give him another Tylenol dose at 2:30 if his temp is still spiking.

In general, I don't give fever reducers for fevers under 103, as fevers are our body's natural way of fighting infection. But with an out of control fever that could spike to 106, I always keep him on some form of fever reducer until his body starts regulating better.

He's playing and eat today so it's obvious he's feeling a lot better - yay!

Mark and I were supposed to have another date night tonight, it's been rescheduled to the 30th. Which will be nice, cause we also have a sitter on the 31st! Two nights in a row?!!?!! Oh yeah!

And now, I leave you with some pics of our last 2 days:




No comments: