Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Short Week


Today I feel totally out of sorts. Starting the week on a Tuesday throws me off. This weekend was "OK". Sunday night was rough - Corbin decided to stop sleeping in blissful 4-6 hour stretches and wake up every 2 hours. I am still recovering from the shock of no sleep.

Oh and yes, that's Corbin in his Banana costume! We found it on sale at Party City this weekend and thought it was hilarious!! This will definitely be his Halloween costume this year. All we need is a monkey costume for Hayden and we'll be set. I think Mark and I are thinking about being pirates this year. I'm trying to convince him to do a Halloween block party this year - I'll let you know if he goes for it.

Yesterday I headed to the book store to look for a Halloween book that would help me teach Hayden how to say trick-or-treat. But, believe it or not, I couldn't find a single book that had the phrase "trick-or treat". What?!

PBS has decided to change their kids programming this week which has also thrown me for a loop. I knew it was coming, but still! Although, it does work out better for us, now Hayden can watch Sesame Street without me having to get up at the crack of dawn. 7am was way too early for us. Hayden usually gets up at 7:45am at the earliest. If he does get up before that, he knows Mama doesn't, so he quietly plays in his room until I come get him. Okay, not always quietly, but he his playing and not screeching for me.

Corbin completely got off schedule this weekend - so this week will be us getting back to our routine. Hopefully, I can get his naps back in order. He's been cat napping - which doesn't work so well.

Well, the house is a disaster and there's a mountain of laundry that's calling to me. Three day weekends = more work in an already short week. But I do love spending the extra time with my hubby, so I guess it's worth it. ;)

2 comments:

gsv said...

There is a Berenstein Bear's book called Trick or Treat. They even have a matching video if I remember right.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks like you're losing a lot of weight! Way to go!! :)