Thursday, June 5, 2008

Clueless

So my Mom? She's clueless. I have to rant about this because no one is around to complain too. As most of you know I'm 9 months pregnant today. I'm also sick. My Mom knows both of these facts. Months earlier she had asked if they could come out before the baby was born. I said I didn't think it was a good idea because I probably would not have the energy to entertain company etc. Of course, she says - we're not company! Etc, etc. We leave it at them not coming until after the baby is born. Then 2 weeks ago she calls and asks to come again, just for 4-5 days. I give in.

So they are on their way today. I just got off the phone with her, they will be arriving around 8 or so.

She asks "Should we pick something up or do you have something for us to eat there?"

Considering it's past dinner time when they are arriving, I say, "You should probably pick something up since I don't have lunch meat or anything."

She says, in her totally surprised tone, "You don't have anything? And your expecting company?"

I say nothing. I have nothing to say. I am so ANNOYED at her complete lack of consideration, at her self-centeredness, at her rudeness. I can say nothing.

She says, "Are you still there?"

"Yup. Sorry, but I can no longer go to the grocery store anymore. I can't lift Hayden into the cart." Ya know, CAUSE I'M ABOUT TO HAVE A DAMN BABY.

"Oh, okay".

TELL ME WHAT KIND OF PERSON ON ONE HAND TELLS YOU THAT THEY AREN'T COMPANY AND THAT THEY DON'T NEED ANY SPECIAL TREATMENT, THEY JUST WANT TO SEE YOU, THEY WON'T BE AN INCONVENIENCE, THEY KNOW YOU'RE SICK AND TIRED, AND 9 MONTHS PREGNANT; AND THEN ON THE OTHER BITCH ABOUT NOT HAVING LUNCHMEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should I go buy special soap and scented candles for their bathroom? Are they expecting a 5 course meal for dinner? Should I have planned activities?

DOES THE WORLD ONLY REVOLVE AROUND HER?

Apparently it does. In her mind.

Excuse me while I pass out from extreme exhaustion and anger.

No comments: