Monday, October 13, 2008

Dr. Appointments...Bleh!

Hayden + ENT appointment = Meltdown

ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat) is not a fun appointment for a toddler in the midst of the "You can't make me do what I don't want to do" stage. How does one put an apparatus into a toddler's ear you might ask?

You don't.

You can't.

The only way to do the test is for me to hold him down. However, that makes him scream and screaming messes up the test. Hmmmm...

So after 15 minutes of torture, we gave up. Later the Dr. says "I didn't think that was gonna work, hehe. I was just messing with him (referring to the technician). Haha, so funny I forgot to laugh.

On top of that, my poor baby (Hayden) is getting sick. Coughs and sniffles have come to the Zavala house. I pray that he'll get over it quickly and that it doesn't develop into anything else. We've gotten proactive and started the breathing treatments already before he starts wheezing.

Unfortunately, this means my entire week's plans are out. I think I will just try to embrace the "break" from plans as a good thing. We will watch obscene amounts of Disney/Pixar movies. We will eat large amounts of crackers and goldfish. We will gorge on gatorade. We will snuggle on the couch. We will swing on our tree swing until my arms fall off. And when he is better we will return to life. Until then, we will hibernate in our little home.


P.S. This is my 200th post since starting this blog. Go me! I think this is the longest I've ever stuck with something.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

yay 200th post! boooo sickness and sniffles. I hope Hayden gets well soon.