Friday, October 24, 2008
Do you like Friday Randomness? Well you better, cause here it goes:
The Zavalas have instituted a family dance night. We had our second one last night. I compiled a few of my favorite dance songs and we boogied. Our song list this time:
1. Could You Be Loved - Bob Marley
2. Got to Give it Up - Marvin Gaye
3. Coconut - Harry Nilsson
4. Gettin Jiggy With It - Will Smith
5. Starry Eyed Surprise - Oakenfold
6. Thriller - Michael Jackson
7. Bolero - Maurice Ravel
I love me some Bob Marley as you know, and Could You Be Loved is Hayden's favorite song. And if you're not rockin to Marvin Gaye, well - then you don't have ears. Be sure to pass the Margaritas for Coconut and bounce da booty for Getting Jiggy. I seriously wish I could still roller skate when I hear Starry Eyed and in honor of Halloween I threw in Thriller. Don't forget to pay homage to the classics with Bolero - the techno version this time.
Today was Corbin's 4 month checkup. 12 lbs 13 oz and 24 " That's my boy! Nothing new to report there, just the dreaded vaccines, yuck!
The hubby and I have a DATE NIGHT tomorrow. We are so lame we don't even know where we are going yet. Last time we had a date night we ALMOST went toilet shopping at Lowe's. Instead we went to a movie, Fool's Gold, hmmm, nothing spectacular there, maybe we should have gone toilet shopping.
We finally decided on our kitchen remodel. We're going with a local couple who handcrafts their cabinets. I'm really excited...and poorer. They should be done in a month. The complete job should be done around Dec. 6th. We are getting new cabinets, Affinity counter tops, new tile floors, undermounted sink, and a bunch of other stuff. I think I've decided on the counter tops, I just need to pick the tile to make sure it all matches.
I was reading Hohnstreiterrific and thought I could use a bit of enlightenment myself in this area. So I think I'm going to listen to the series too. Ok, not think, I actually did listen to the first part yesterday. One of the first points: Be Honest. So here it goes:
Lest you think otherwise:
1. My house is generally in some state of disaster. I clean the main areas before you come over. No it's not always like that.
2. When I smile sweetly as my toddler throws a tantrum, I'm really thinking "This is so freakin embarassing, why can't you just behave? Ok, I'm just going to look cool and act like it doesn't bother me even though I want to strangle him."
3. I struggle with my weight. I have my whole life. I lose weight, then gain, then lose, then... In fact I was down 18 lbs, and now it's only 15!! Gasp. It's a process.
4. My period that I "thought" was happening a few weeks ago like didn't happen. I dunno my body is weird. So bwaahaahaaahaaahaaaaaa!
5. Sometimes my friends drive me nuts and I want to slap them up side the head. And vice versa. Thank you all for not slapping me - I don't take criticism well.
6. Let me say that again, I don't take criticism well.
7. I compare myself to others - a lot. I can drive myself nuts doing this. She's skinnier, they are so sweet together, wow what a nice house, man their kids are well mannered, etc.
8. I really like it when y'all comment (yeah I said y'all). And when you don't, I get sad :(
9. I'm addicted to reading blogs!!!!!!!!!
10. And if I'm going to be really really really honest.....please don't kill me for this one...oh it hurts to admit this...I missed the deadline to register to vote by one day. :( Yes I am a crappy American, I know this. I'm working on it. In public, I will still deny this truth.
11. I've been dodging the whole political issue on this blog because I don't like debating and I don't like confrontation and arguments. I love you no matter what your political views are.
12. I know, I know, I'm a crappy American, can we get past this and still be friends?
13. I really want to erase #10 from this list, but I'm not. I'm being real. It hurts, but there it is. No lectures please or I'll never be real on this blog.
Okay there's a lot more, but I don't want to scare everyone off in one post so that'll do.
And that's friday's randomness.