Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Head Down!

Today was our 35 week prenatal appointment. We found out that Corbin is now head down in proper position for his birth! The exercises worked. It's a little scary to think that we had Hayden at 37 weeks - which would be 2 weeks from now. Eek! Who knows how long Corbin will "cook"? I have been having plenty of Braxton Hicks contractions. So the uterus is getting ready! And I feel enormous, although I haven't hit as high on the scale this time - which is good! I'd like to keep it that way. So unless I gain another 15 lbs before Corbin is born (heaven forbid) I should be in the clear for keeping that goal.

I'm not looking forward to the whole labor part, but I am really looking forward to the delivery and seeing Corbin for the first time! Definitely my favorite part.

The day Hayden was born was definitely one of the best of my life. It was an amazing experience and I felt like I had been apart of something truly special. I think it must also slightly compare to finishing your first marathon or something. Along the lines of, "Yay I did it! I made it!". I think going through the pain of labor is worth the ultimate reward of holding your new baby. It makes the moment that much sweeter. I'm sure as I'm laboring, I'll hold a much different opinion - HAHA. But, luckily, I'm birthing at the birthing center where there are NO drugs. No options of drugs. No possibility of drugs. That helps me a lot. I think if I was in a hospital, I'd be too tempted to say, "Yes! Bring me those drugs NOW!" with a slight growl. Hehe. But, it doesn't last forever, and if I could do it before, I can do it again.

And for those wondering, I'm still procrastinating on my list. Although, I did "partially" clean out the Explorer, so theoretically there is room for another car seat. I also made half the arrangements for Hayden on labor day. We've also been talking to Hayden a lot about babies. Showing him pictures and pointing out babies wherever we go. But that's about it.

Hayden is still clueless about the "new arrival" we're about to have. But I'm sure he'll be a great big brother.

And somehow, my parents have squeezed in a visit to us next week, even after I had said that I probably wasn't up to company etc, a few months ago when my Mom suggested coming out BEFORE the baby was born. I would have much preferred a visit after. Because now on top of everything else, I need to clean up the house and set up the room upstairs for them. But I am happy that they will get to spend some time with Hayden. I just don't have the energy for the preparation involved for that. Oh well.

I have realized how addicted I've become to some of the blogs I read. One of my bloggers has been posting less regularly, and I think I'm going into withdrawal!! HA! Sheesh.

I think I will try to keep up with my blog once Corbin arrives. Who knows, maybe you'll get an update post that day!

No comments: