Monday, May 26, 2008

Random Blogging

I have a million little blog-worthy moments to write about, but each probably not enough for a whole post, so I am doing a random blog moment post today!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hayden learned to drink out of a water bottle last week! He has about a 90% success rate, which I consider pretty good for an 18 month old. He can even stop the water flow using suction! Last night we had to draw the line though, because he was attempting his new skill on one of those 64 oz bottles...which has a much wider opening that his little toddler lips would not fit around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our friends threw a fantastic block party - even in this Texas heat. This Saturday Hayden got to enjoy the wonders of the bouncy house. He mostly just sat near the edge watching the other kids bounce, but this is more than he accomplished last time we attempted the bouncy house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had a great time yesterday out on the Lake! This is definitely one of my all-time favorite activities to do in Austin. I love floating out in the water. And yes, even this 34 week preggo got herself out there and floated around for a few hours. Our church rented 2 party barges for the event and it was awesome! My only regret is that I didn't get to visit with more people. Seems like the time flew by and I hardly got to talk to anyone. Maybe that was because I was enjoying my water taxi service from Mark. He pushed me around the water and made sure I didn't float away. He's the sweetest! And...I didn't even get sunburned - not even a little. Gotta love that 70 spf neutrogena sun block. I ALWAYS get burned, even with sun block - but not yesterday! I think I've found my new favorite sun block. And it's waterproof. Sun off the water is treacherous, I'm still in shock that I'm not a lobster. I must recommend this for my fellow sun allergic friends...you know who you are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our 8 year anniversary is coming up June 3rd. I think Mark and I have settled on dinner and a movie to celebrate - any babysitters out there? I know, we're celebrating light this year! Haha. But when one of us is like 40 lbs heavier, waddles, and can no longer fly or really get that far from Austin - that leaves...dinner and a movie. Maybe next year we'll treat ourselves to some much needed Mommy and Daddy time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, I got a ticket last Thursday. Woot. And, NO, I wasn't speeding. Our inspection sticker was out of date. Argh! I remedied that problem the same day, but now I have to go in and pay for my freakin $130 ticket! Did you know that I could illegally change lanes cheaper than have an out of date inspection sticker? Yup. And I'm looking on the Williamson county web site and it says they don't take personal checks or credit cards...uh what? Sheesh, on the Texas website it says most counties do. Why not ours? This can't be right. But I'm sure not going down there with no cash (and a toddler) just to find out. ATM here I come. So add to my pre-labor list, paying a ticket. It needs to be done by 6/22 like everything else around here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of my list, no I have not accomplished anything on it. I did re-read the important sections of my Babywise book. Oh and I reviewed the whole timing contractions part. Other than that, I'm still procrastinating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My "flying" with FlyLady, suffered last week, due to both unavoidable schedule changes, and Hayden deciding to sleep in a few days. So my routine was totally off. I was waking up at 7am, and had a perfect routine to fit that. When we get up at 8am or have to be somewhere at 9:30am, that ruins my perfectionist routine. I apparently can't recover. But no biggie, I'm not quitting, just off track a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was almost caught up with our massive mounds of laundry, until the FlyLady routine crashed and burned last week. I haven't done my one load of laundry since Tuesday...eek. Guess I need catch up before we're under another avalanche of clothes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hayden is trying some new foods! Woohoo. Today he devoured crab rangoon, yesterday he apparently ate Mediterranean pizza (even the artichoke hearts), and he's been sighted scarfing down queso (with no chips) as well. That's my boy. We must share a queso bond, since that's about all I ate while pregnant with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hayden has become...a Daddy's boy. *Sniff, sniff. Mommy no longer holds first place. Oh well. If Daddy is in the room, Daddy is the only person in the room. Haha. I must say, I like seeing him so enamored with his Daddy! Maybe he'll shoot me some of the love one of these days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, in toddler world, apparently disobeying with your eyes closed doesn't count. Hayden's new way of escaping "No". He's also using the word "No" a lot as well - whether he means it or not. And "No" with his eyes closed is a double weapon against Mom and Dad!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, that's a lot out of my brain - I think that'll have to do for today! Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend.

No comments: